dinsdag 8 oktober 2013

cloud atlas


To be is to be perceived. The only way to know thyself is in the eyes of the Other. –Sonmi 451
“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.”
“My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?”
“Belief, like fear or love, is a force to be understood as we understand the theory of relativity and principals of uncertainty. Phenomena that determine the course of our lives. Yesterday, my life was headed in one direction. Today, it is headed in another. Yesterday, I believe I would never have done what I did today. These forces that often remake time and space, that can shape and alter who we
imagine ourselves to be, begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. Our lives and our choices, like quantum trajectories, are understood moment to moment. That each point of intersection, each encounter, suggest a new potential direction. Proposition, I have fallen in love with Luisa Rey. Is this possible? I just met her and yet, I feel like something important has happened to me.”
“Why fight the 'natural' (oh, weaselly word!) order of things? Why? Because of this--one fine day, a purely predatory world shall consume itself. In an individual, selfishness uglifies the soul; for the human species, selfishness is extinction.”
“& only as you gasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean!
Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?”
“The better organized the state, the duller its humanity.”
“We are only what we know, and I wished to be so much more than I was, sorely.”
“Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
Fantasy. Lunacy.
All revolutions are, until they happen, then they are historical inevitabilities.”
"Truth is singular. Its 'versions' are mistruths."
—Sonmi-451
"I believe death is only a door. One closes, and another opens. If I were to imagine heaven, I would imagine a door opening. And he would be waiting for me there."
—Sonmi-451

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten